1. The name of the association shall be “The Association of South Eastern Motor Clubs” (hereinafter called ‘the Association’).
2. The objects of the Association are the furtherance of Motor Sport, the representation of member clubs and the provision of facilities for liaison and mutual consultation on all matters relating to Motor Sport.
3. Membership of the Association is open to any MSA recognised Motor Club wishing to join and subject to their acceptance by the General Council of the Association.
4. The General Council of the Association shall consist of one voting representative from each of the current member clubs, and the members of the Executive. Other representatives from those clubs may be present at Council meetings. The Chairman shall have the casting vote.
5.1. The Officers of the Association shall be the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Member ship Secretary.
5.2. The Executive shall consist of the Officers of the Association, the Co-ordinators of the
various championships and the Forestry Liaison Officer. Any of these posts may be
combined. The Officers of the Association may co-opt onto the executive any individual it feels may contribute to the aims of the Association. Any such co-option must be ratified at the next Council Meeting
6.1. The Officers of the Association and the Executive Committee shall be elected annually
from representatives of the member clubs at the Annual General Meeting.
Nominations for any of the posts on the Executive should be submitted in writing to the
Secretary of the Association 14 days prior to the meeting at which the election takes
place. Nominations are to be proposed by a member club and the nominee must signify
his/her willingness to serve.
6.2. In the absence of any such nominations, clubs may nominate persons for election during
the meeting. Should the nominee not be in attendance, then a written acceptance of the
proposal must be produced at the time of nomination.
7.1. The financial year shall be from 1st January to 31st December each year.
7.2. The Treasurer shall produce an audited statement of the Association’s finances at the
Annual General Meeting after the end of the financial year.
7.3. Member clubs shall pay an annual levy to the Association. The amount of this levy shall
be approved by a General Council Meeting when necessary.
7.4. Any club not paying the annual levy within three calendar months of the 1st of January
shall be deemed to have resigned from the Association.
7.5. Any club applying for re-election shall be required to pay any outstanding payments to th
8.1. There shall be at least three ordinary meetings of the General Council in each year.
One of these will be to resolve the sporting programme for the following year.
8.2. Extraordinary Meetings of the Council may be held if-
8.2.1. Urgent Association business necessitates one.
8.2.2. It is arranged by the General Council.
8.2.3 It is requested in writing by at least three member clubs.
8.3. Clubs shall be given at least 21 days written notice of any Council Meeting.
8.4. The Executive shall also be empowered to hold meetings in order to deal with day-
to-day matters not requiring full Council approval and to formulate Association
8.5. A quorum shall consist of representatives from at least 10% of the member clubs,
this figure to be in addition to Members of the Executive present. No voting shall
take place at a meeting at which there is not a quorum present.
9. The Executive may invite the attendance of any individual connected with motor
sport to any Association meeting.
Changes to the Rules and Constitution
10. Any proposal to the Council of the Association concerned with changes to the Rules
and Constitution shall not be voted on at that meeting but shall be included in the
Agenda for the following meeting of the Council. The wording of any such proposal
shall be included in the notice sent to member clubs informing them of the meeting.
11.1. The Association may organise championships for any aspect of motor sport within
the jurisdiction of the MSA.
11.2. The Co-ordinator of any such Association championship may also form a champion
11.3. Any decisions taken by such a sub-committee which may commit the Association to
any expense or liability shall be put to the Executive for ratification.
11.4. With the above exception the championship Co-ordinators shall be free to organise
their respective championships within the accepted framework of that aspect of the